• Matheson Courthouse
  • Sandy City Hall
  • Bountiful City Hall
  • Park City
  • Provo
  • Ogden

Welcome to Spencer & Jensen, PLLC

At Spencer & Jensen, PLLC, we have brought together attorneys with decades of experience in litigation and transactional matters. The Northern Utah Law Firm of Spencer & Jensen, PLLC, with offices in Sandy and Syracuse, Utah, focuses on five inter-related areas of law, including family law, business law, elder law, criminal law, and governmental relations. Every attorney at Spencer & Jensen, PLLC brings years of legal, business and government experience to his area of expertise.

We are regularly asked by our clients to represent them in state, federal and/or appellate courts in the States of Utah and Idaho. We are also asked by our clients to represent them in matters before the Utah State Legislature and a wide variety of state and federal agencies.

If you are looking for experience in the following areas, we invite you to give us a call for a frank discussion of your legal rights and obligations:

Family Law

    Divorce, Child Custody, Father's Rights, Protective Order, and Grandparent Rights litigation, as well as both mediation and arbitration of these types of disputes. In addition to representation in these types of matters, Spencer & Jensen, PLLC, provides Family Law "Special Master" Services to both clients and other attorneys.

Business Law

    Business Entity Formation (corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships); Contract Preparation and Negotiation; Regulatory Compliance Plans; Licensure and Permitting Matters; as well as resolving disputes by mediation, arbitration or litigation.

Elder Law

    Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Living Wills, Guardianships, Probate Litigation, Grandparent Rights, and Estate Administration, as well as resolving disputes by mediation, arbitration or litigation.

Criminal Law

    Felonies and misdemeanors, including those related to Domestic Violence, DUIs, and Protective Order violations.

Intergovernmental Relations

    Lobbying on behalf of clients before the Utah State Legislature, as well as county and city governmental entities throughout the State of Utah.


To better serve you, Spencer & Jensen, LLC offers the following links to forms that are regularly used in typical documents. By filling out these forms before meeting with your attorney, you can save time and help your lawyer to give better service. (You can also go directly to the Utah Courts website to download most of these and other forms not listed as needed. Go to www.utcourts.gov/resources/forms)

Note: many forms of this page are PDF documents and require Adobe Acrobat Reader

General Customer Information Documents:

Client Information Forms

For any procedure please download and fill out the: 

Client Information Form - This document is our standard client information sheet that includes contact and personal information needed to court documents.

For divorce matters:

To start a divorce, dissolution or annulment, please download, print and prepare the following documents before meeting with your lawyer.
Bring these completed forms to your first meeting. You should take all of the following (unless you have no children of marriage, you can exclude forms of child support obligation.) If you have any questions about any of the forms, call 801-566-1884.

Note: If you are looking for a "no-contest 'or divorce" uncontested, "the Utah Courts website offers an online program of" self "you may want to consider. Assistance Program of the courts in line (OCAP ) can help you prepare divorce papers. However, if your divorce will take place, please call 801-566-1884.

  1. Client Information Form -This document is our standard client information sheet that includes contact and personal information needed to court documents.
  2. Financial Statements -This is the standard document Financial Statement using the courts to calculate the income, expenses, assets and liabilities.
  3. Certificate of divorce, dissolution of marriage, or annulment -Utah Department of Health Certificate required. Complete the relevant information requested on this form.
  4. Affidavit of Military Service- You must complete and sign affidavit indicating whether you have or are currently serving in the military.
  5. Child Support Obligation Worksheet and Location information is required. (Download and complete only if you have children from your marriage or relationship.) - As required by the technical amendments to welfare reform section 653 (h) (2) (federal law) and UCA 62A-11-103 (14). You are required to submit for each child the information requested on this form.