- What kind of cases do you normally handle?
- What percentage of your practice is devoted to this area of law?
- How many situations similar to mine have you handled in the past year?
- How many of these types of cases are resolved short of trial? (Either through mediation or other means of settlement)
- What aspects of my case are the most difficult to resolve?
- How do you keep in touch with your clients?
- Are you available after hours?
- Will other attorneys be working on my case?
- How do you bill your clients?
- Do you require a retainer? If so, how much?
- What do you think are the strengths and weaknesses of my case?
Organizing Your Thoughts -- What to Ask
During your initial face-to-face meeting plan to get all of your questions answered. Depending on your situation, you should consider asking the following questions: